Wednesday, November 18, 2009

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH

Recently I have been singing the song, "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth".

Would you believe that on Nov 16th ...that I got an early Christmas present. Okay, I paid for it by myself. No Santa Claus, elf, fairy or hubby chimed in with any of the "dollars" but I still call it a present...a present to me from me! I have been having my teeth whitened just a little. In doing so my two front teeth stayed the same color. Why? If you read my blog post about "Patricia" you will learn what I did to those two front teeth as a teenager. In the 1970's the local dentist Dr. Schaffer fixed them by putting a material on them that lasted over 30 years. Now that I have had my teeth bleached I had to get the two front teeth redone to match all my other teeth. It is called a "domino effect". Isn't that the way it goes...turns out to be more of an expense that is for sure. But now they match my bleached teeth. Has anyone noticed the change in me? No!!! That's okay...don't mind a bit. I notice and that is to whom I did it for ......ME!!! I have not done something for me in many, many years and I decided it was time. So now I have my two front teeth...polished, gleaming and WHITE!! Wonder what I want to buy myself next? Hmmmm......stay tuned!

MIMI'S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I went visiting teaching recently and I gave each one we visited a banana. I showed them the scars, bruising, dents, etc., on the outside peeling. The inside was pure, white, and beautiful. I used this teaching prop to demonstrate how we can judge others by their appearance and we shun them and thus do not get to see the real person inside...the heart of the person and how good, beautiful and wonderful that child of God is. God does not judge us by appearance and we should not do so either. He knows the "inside" of us. God loves us all...ALL!!! Get to know the "inside" of a person....never judge them by their "scars", their "bruises", their "dents". You will be missing out on some of God's choicest treasures....His beloved children.

1 comment:

  1. What a great visual aid with the banana. Thanks for the idea.

    Hooray for your matching teeth.

    ReplyDelete