Sunday, December 6, 2009

MY "LITTLE BOYS"

I am one of the most blessed grandmothers on the face of the earth. What incredible grandchildren I have. I may be bias...but I say "not"....they are the most beautiful children...physically and spiritually. They love life and they love me. They are the ones who remind me that heaven is close by; that God loves me and gave me these joyous grandchildren; that when the storms gather in my life, these children brings me the rainbows and sunshine that brightens me.

I love them all. Words cannot describe what is in my heart. I thank my children for bringing these grandchildren into my life. I am always overwhelmed by their choice spirits. First grandchild was Brent who is married to Carolyn Jackson, going to BYU Provo and was the first boy born into our family. After that came eleven girls. Brent was my little man. I also felt bad that he did not have any boy cousins to play with, but he was happy to be the center of attention with all the men in the family and he got to go with the men on the tractors, combines and such. After the eleven girls, came six boys in a row and these six comprise my "little boys".

They are Joshua 13, Matthew 12, Landon 11, Derek 11, Ryan 9 and Kyle 9. Just putting down their names brings tears to my eyes and a swelling of love in my heart. They all love sports and yesterday that was very much evident. I have not been able to go to any of their basketball games because of some health issues, but I finally made it to Ryan and Kyle's games. Next week will be the other's games and I hope to attend. These little men....a couple of them already taller than I....treat me like a queen.

Today I will focus on the littlest of the "little boys"...I would like to tell you about the youngest two..Kyle and Ryan.

I like everything about them. Example: both are exceptional students in school, but also glowing reports of their maturity and behavior at school is outstanding. On a personal level I like what gentlemen they are. They open doors for me; say thank you, please; I love their giggles, their innocence, their hugs, their compliments. They want to help me up and down steps, carry my purse, just anything to make my life easier.

I wish you could see their sweet smiles that just light up my heart. No description can do it justice. I could go on and on. I never have to discipline them. They are models of greatness already. I have often said that everyone needs to have a Ryan or a Kyle in their family because of the purity of their souls and the light of Christ that is always on their faces.

What did I do to deserve such angels in my life? Thank you Father for these precious, wonderful, caring grandsons.

Mimi's Thought for the Day: God's proof of His love for us is that he has entrusted us with His wonderful children to love and teach while they are here upon the earth. Our proof of our love for God is to show in action, word and deed to do everything we can to help them walk uprightly and to be able to return to their Father in Heaven. We who are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, teachers, friends, neighbors, etc....we all are responsible for His "little" ones.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I know what you mean. It is wonderful to live so close to 3 of my children and many grandchildren. What a blessing families are!!! Love Ya...Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have the greatest little boys in your life. They are all adorable. However, I do have a favorite grandchild of yours. And, I'm not bias either....but, my favorite is Brent! :)

    ReplyDelete