Monday, January 11, 2010

MEGAN

I wish you all could know my granddaughter Megan. May I take just a moment and tell you of this angel that walks the earth.

From the moment she was born she has given absolute joy to her parents Julie (my daughter) and Don, and to me and of course her grandfather, other relatives.

Megan is the kind of person that radiates goodness, who emulates Christ in her actions and in her talk. She always looks for opportunities to help others and to make life better for other people. She can communicate with the very young and the very old and all those in between. She has a rare quality of being non-judgemental.

Megan is smart...real smart. Okay, I know I sound like a grandmother, but her grade reports prove her intellect. She has always been a straight A student and with her discipline I expect to see her be given scholarships to prestigious colleges.

What do I like about her most? Oh that would be hard to pinpoint as she does everything so well and so effortless. I can name a few things though and the first thing that comes to my mind her desire to help. She is willing, able and insists on being of use, of wanting to lighten the burdens of others. Another, is her sweetness and her maturity. She is wise, sensible and has her head on straight. I love her hugs...which she always has plenty of. They feel so good.

She is the kind of girl that asks: "May I do that for you? Would you like your feet rubbed? I will clean up the kitchen Mimi, you go sit down and get your legs up. Do you need any help?"

She is gracious, kind, giving, loving, self-motivated, angelic, and full of laughter and happiness.

TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY....HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY TO MY ANGEL MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all need a Megan in our lives to remind us of the goodness of God....He has angels live among us. Who is your angel?

Mimi's Thought for the Day:
May you have....
A song in your heart
A smile on your lips
And nothing but joy
At your fingertips.
(An Irish blessing for my Irish lass Megan)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Megan! You sure are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Granddaughters are such wonderful blessings. How old is she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! Megan you are my sunshine! You are a blessing each and everyday!You are precious! I love you! Mom XOXO

    ReplyDelete