It is raining today!!! Being I am an Oregonian, I love the rain. I was raised in the beautiful area of Southern Oregon called the Rogue River Valley. When I think of my hometown of Medford, I think of the huge, old Oak trees that abound in the city neighborhoods and how the trees make a canopy over the streets. I also think about the oak leaves as they fell on the sidewalks and during the Fall one could skip, kick at the leaves, and enjoying the "crunch" as you walked.
Yes, it would rain at times and oh how I loved the rain and still do. The rain brought refreshment to the senses...fresh air, beautiful flowers came early, green color all year along on plants, lawns, shrubs. Truly a paradise to live in. I miss my hometown, especially appreciating it's beauty and the picture it presented each Spring.
Now I live in an area that is quite the opposite of the Rogue River Valley. Gardens, flowers, green colors all come much later. We have late frosts. We have an arid climate. We have winds and dirt blowing. But yet there are things I love about this area too...and first on my list is the love I have for the people.
We all came from some place beautiful to this place and we all have helped it to blossom in what it is today. I love the gorgeous sunsets. I appreciate the rich soil that brought so many here. And when it rains here...I shout for joy.
I look at rain as a blessing. Our little corner of the world gets a nice drink that brings forth the green of life. Everything is freshened up and looks clean, smells good and brings many blessings. Have you ever walked in the rain? Sang in the rain? Danced in the rain? Try it. You will find yourself singing "rain, rain, DON'T go away". LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Mimi's Thought for the Day: In every one's life a little "rain" must fall. Just as the rain from the clouds gives "life" to the earth, so will the "rains" that come into our daily living. We have disappointments, heartaches, challenges, hurts, etc., but this kind of "stormy weather" can be made calm through prayer, fasting, scriptures and turning it over to God. He will calm the "storm" and give you the sweet shower of peace and you will know that one day all will be well.
I Do Now
1 week ago
Your thought of the day was a nice reminder. Sometimes storms really stink, but someday, SOMEDAY the sun will shine.
ReplyDeleteI love the RAIN too!!! I love a good storm. It cleans the earth and leaves such a smell of CLEAN! I planted flowers in the rain. Kimball was laughing as he watched me with rain dripping off my nose and a smile on my face. Nicole joined me in the rain! Deanna, I think we are both fellow DUCKS!!! LOVE YA...ALWAYS!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the rain, too, Deanna. It just feels right and, of course, smells right.
ReplyDeleteI sure appreciate the goodness you share with others. You are supportive and generous. Thank you.