AM I AN INSTRUMENT IN HIS HANDS?
Each time I bring this prayer to my thoughts, I remember that I want to LIVE this prayer daily. Only problem is...I fall way short of fulfilling that desire. But I have to remember that today is a new day..I must not look back on yesterday.....LIVE the prayer just for today....TODAY is God's way of saying we have a NEW BEGINNING starting TODAY. May I share with you one of the most profound prayers ever uttered:
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
( by Saint Francis of Assisi)
If I can live this way....not hating but loving; when someone has hurt me, forgive them; when I have doubts I must believe and have faith; when I am "down", it is important to keep on hoping; when all I can see is gloom and darkness, I must bring in the "light" of Christ and of the Gospel; when I feel so sad that I don't know how I can go another step, I must replace it with counting my blessings and feeling the joy.
I must remember that I am here to serve, to help and lift others and to try to understand and give people the benefit of the doubt; that it is important for me to love and reach out to others for then in my giving of myself to others, then I too will be receiving. I also must always remember to have a forgiving heart...a forgiving nature....if I want to be forgiven. I do want eternal life. I need to keep this prayer strong in my soul, my heart, my ways.....this prayer is one of my favorite reminders of who and what I should be and do.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS PRAYER

AMEN! I have learned to set aside hurt feelings in the wisdom of my old age. I am so imperfect...I don't need to find faults in others...I have plenty to fix on Sharon! I can truely say there is no one in my life I have anything but love for. My heart can't hold hate. It rots it from the inside out. I pray that Heavenly Father sees that I am trying, certainly not perfect, and helps me. Paul taught me unconditional love. He only knew how to love. He grew up in a home surrounded by love and acceptance. I didn't but I can learn. Love Ya Dear Friend!!!
ReplyDeleteDeanna, I appreciate your wisdom and the ability you have to let others know they are important and the good you see in them. I'm glad you shared this. This morning it bolstered me and helped me. Thank you. I appreciate the blog friendship we have developed. Thank you for sharing the things that are important to you.
ReplyDelete