Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LIFE MAKES TEARS AND SMILES

I certainly have been behind times in posting on my blog.  So much has happened as you can tell by my title.  Yes, lots of tears...but also lots of smiles.  I keep being reminded that life is not a smooth road, but a bumpy, humpy one and that I have to live on that kind of road to experience "life" and find out more about myself.

Tough at times.  I read your blogs.  I read how you have sorrowed and yet how you have continued to put one foot in front of the other and just keep on keeping on.  Your attitudes are ones of faith, love and caring about others even though you have been riding the bumpy road at times. 

Since January 31st and for two weeks thereafter I felt the loss of three whom I loved and cared for.  My nephew Will who unexpectedly died of a heart attack; Norma, a local friend who had the happiest personality of anyone I ever knew despite her constant surgeries and illnesses; and lastly my cousin Steven who battled cancer since last year and was ready to go home. 

Then the "rainbows" of life come out and I see new beginnings.  In my heart still remains my feelings of these passings, but I am rejoicing as to what they brought into my life by my relationship to them.  My nephew Will was abandoned by his father when he was 3-4 years old.  He never saw him again.  We had him come live with us when he was about 15....he stayed 3 weeks...he missed his brothers and his mother.  He came again when he was out of school and stayed a few months.  He was always on the move, searching for something.   Norma was a little older than I.  She was a person you loved to be around.  I can still hear her laughter as if she was standing right beside me.   She never complained.   She never said, 'why me?'   She bore her afflictions with the attitude of a saint and an angel.  I have been blessed to know her.  Then there is my cousin Steven.  The cancer came on quickly.  He too never complained.  His wife Paule and he made the best "team".  Beautiful marriage...beautiful people.  Steven was full of life and had recently retired so he and Paule could play, travel, build, create and share their wonderful life together.  With Steven gone now I only have my two brothers and my cousin Cheryl left on my father's side of the family.  
I learned something from each of these precious people.   I learned that each moment of each day is a gift.  I learned that life is indeed short and no matter what is dealt to you, it is imperative to keep lifting others, showing love to others, giving of yourself as much as possible.
After the tears, come the smiles....smiles because I know I have been blessed by 'walking' with noble and good people along life's path...people like Will, Norma and Steven.

                                                         THANK YOU ALL DEAR FRIENDS ...I NEEDED TO POST MY FEELINGS...THESE PEOPLE MEANT THE WORLD TO ME.   I PROMISE THE NEXT POSTING WILL BE FULL OF GOOD THINGS....LIKE SPRING, FAMILY, CHANGES, ETC.  SOON EASTER WILL BE HERE....MY FAVORITE TIME.    HUGS TO ALL, DEANNA/MIMI  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deanna, never apologize for recording something so important as this. I appreciated hearing of your love for these people and am sad for you that they're gone.

    I appreciate the good you see in others and the words of encouragement you leave for others. Thank you for being a friend.

    ReplyDelete