Tuesday, September 20, 2011

FOOD STORAGE HELP

My thoughts are so strong lately on the welfare of my family and friends. I am wondering who has water stored at least for 3 days. Who has an emergency bucket or backpack filled with some money, books, food, first aid, toilet paper, gum,soap,small games, etc.? Who has backpacks for each member of the family with a blanket in it, a change of clothes, socks, underwear, etc.? Who has a large wagon or a wheelbarrow? Who keeps their car gas tank at least half full? If one could stay in their home, who has a pantry full of food for themselves and their neighbors? Who has candles or flashlights?

I have no idea why this is part of my thinking nowadays. But I want to pass it on to you....all of these items are necessary for survival and would make great Christmas gifts this year. I saw the effects of the hurricanes this year and how people were so unprepared. Did you see the empty grocery shelves? Even the news programs had interviews with emergency people and those people told how unprepared most were. It causes stress, anger, riots, etc.

Forgive me if I seem anxious. We have been warned and I don't think too many of us are heeding the warnings. Some don't care...they will. Some don't believe....they will. Some think it is a waste of time and money. They will be the first knocking at your door for help...so you be prepared.

I should erase this, but I speak what I feel. Also, it is a double purpose....can you please help me. I need to know what buckets with lids are the best to get. I need to know what wheat grinders are the best. What company should I get my items from. How about the dehyrated items...what brand do you prefer.

Get your family together and start making plans. Then please act on those plans. If this blog offends anyone, then I am sorry. I need your help and your knowledge.

4 comments:

  1. Had food storage since the first of my marriage in 1972. I say when the prophet tells us to do ot... No questions asked, I have my water too! If it is only a test of obedience...do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Deanna. I've been reading about Joseph in Egypt during the famine. We do need to be prepared. It's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emergency Essentials has buckets that start out as emergency kits but the lid is a toilet seat. You can view them online. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that toilet in my storage. ALONG WITH A TON OF TP !!!!!

    ReplyDelete