Sunday, December 18, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY 2012 TO ALL

Dearest Family and Friends,

May this greeting find all of you with smiles on your faces, a little money in your pocket to jingle, a cupboard full of food and your home a refuge that provides peace and contentment.

We all experience "yo-yo" years...so I won't go into our year, but I will sure share with you a couple of the highlights.

Our dearest and oldest grandchild...Brent and his lovely and adorable wife Carolyn will be having our first great grandchild around January 14, 2012. It is a girl and her name will be Claire (love the French spelling of her name) Brelyn Hirz. The Brelyn is a name made up by using the BRE from Brent's name and the LYN from Carolyn's name. I love these older names that have been around for decades..names such as Mary, Jane, Grace, Emily, Claire, etc. They all depict a woman of beauty, of grace and of royalty. You will probably hear me from the rooftops when Claire comes to earth. Hope you don't mind.

Another fantastic announcement this year was when our daughter-in-law Kelly (Mark's gorgeous and super kind wife) told us that she was being baptized into the church. I cannot tell you what that means to me. What a beautiful person she is. She has a heart that knows no evil, speaks no evil and hears no evil. She is the first to give, give, give. Truly a rare woman and she is in our lives!!! How blessed we are. She was baptized on 11-11-11. I don't think she will have any problem remembering that date!! Kelly is a mother of a 19 year old marine who is fighting in the frontlines in Afghanistan. He is in constant danger and has had a few close calls. Please remember him in your prayers.

I want all of you to know of the deep abiding love I have for our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. My trials are many...my blessings are many. I indeed am in awe of His goodness to me. May you find peace if you are troubled; find friends if you are alone; find God if you need help...He is always right beside you.

I am thankful for the babe who came to earth to rescue you and I, He who gave us the opportunity to return home. In His adult years He lived as we should live and that is a life of caring, giving, showing love to all as He did.

Merry Christmas... I offer you my love and friendship for eternity.

3 comments:

  1. I would expect to be able to hear you from the rooftops when Claire is born. You'll probably hear me, too. :) Let's see who is louder, Mimi. haha. I love her so much already! I'm excited to meet Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry, Merry Christmas Deanna. I hope this year is a great one for you and congrats on the good news in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post and great grand parents...my oh my! I am glad Kelly took great advantage of 11-11-11! You have a lovely family and you are such a loving example to them!

    ReplyDelete