Sunday, January 17, 2010

CHAYLA

My Chayla...affectionately called "Chayla-Boo". I want to honor this most beautiful and lovely granddaughter who brings happiness to everyone in our family. She is the daughter of our son Bruce and Jackie. Chayla is the second daughter and she has three sisters.

My first thoughts of when I think of Chayla is of a sweet little girl who had the cutest voice. I can still hear it to this day. She was a little doll. She had the most beautiful blond hair and I loved putting it up in the pink sponge curlers. Later in the day we would brush it out and she had this bouncing hair that glistened. She would run back and forth in their living room to make her long curly hair bounce and she would giggle the whole time. Chayla had such a tender heart that when I would correct her ever so gently on something that was very minor, you would have thought that I was scolding her harshly. Those big beautiful blue eyes of hers would fill with tears and then spill out onto her cheeks. I finally learned that even the slightest disapproval would hurt Chayla so very much.

Today Chayla is all grown up. She is tall and elegant and very stunning. She loves her family and her life. Chayla is an excellent student, plus an outstanding basketball player. She played basketball all through high school and was honored to go to the Washington State Championship games in her junior and senior years. This year she is playing for Big Bend Community College and is playing even better than her high school years. Chayla is easy to please and very appreciative of any blessings that come her way. She is active in the church and has given her parents much joy in the way she lives her life.

I could go on and on about Chayla but I would end up writing a book. She is a choice granddaughter and has always treated me with respect and has always shown love and caring. I know that Heavenly Father is pleased with her. We are just so blessed to have her in our family. She makes each day brighter and chases away the dark clouds with that perfect, gorgeous smile. I am at a loss for words in describing this beautiful young woman. Father has given me another angel to help me through life. What did I do to deserve this most beautiful and charming angel? I thank God for her. HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY CHAYLA BOO. I am so thankful for you and completely, totally blessed to have you in my life. You can sit on my lap any time (an inside joke between Chayla, me and others that know our past. lol)

Mimi's Thought for the Day: Children come in all sorts of gift wrapping: tall, short, big, small, dark, light, etc. But one thing we know is that they all came from God and He loves the "gifts" He has given to us to watch over, care for, teach and help lead back home to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Chayla! It's a privilege to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I already posted on this.....that's what I get for thinking. Happy birthday to Chayla! You are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete