Tuesday, May 11, 2010

GARDEN OF EDEN

Before you get too excited about the title of this blog, may I first state that the Garden of Eden does NOT exist at my farm!! What I have is a Garden of Weeden. HELP! You know what a mild winter this was and I am sure many of you are seeing the result of that. Namely, early Spring and many, many more weeds and grasses than normal.

Okay...time for clean up. Hmmm, that leaves me out. My gardening days are just about over. But, God knowing all that, sent in His wisdom, the most precious children and grandchildren to take over and get this place back to what it should be.

Hopefully the house will get painted too. I have been pouring over paint colors for over a year and I still cannot decide. This is where you come in, plus other suggestions.

The houses nearby me are all tan....so tan or any shade of light brown is out. Send me your color combinations that you love. I have thought of pretty shade of light green with brown shutters and door with white trim and white stair railings. Also the green with red shutters and door and then again there is light yellow house with the red or the green or the brown accent colors. I could go on and on. I have driven all over...even taken a trip to Ellensburg to see this magnificent place. I had a dream to paint the house in tan with white trim and red shudders and door. Looked fantastic! But again, lots of houses around our farming area have tan houses.

Also, we have had to take down our old, dried up locust trees that were here in 1966 when we came. Also were some beautiful huge willow trees that made a canopy over our driveway. Grant county came in and built a new bridge over the main canal. That bridge is right next to our place and so they had to raise up the road(for the approach to the bridge) several feet. In doing that they raised our flat driveway up 15 feet or more and encroached on a private lane we had. It was ruined. A water pump had to be taken out, along with a concrete ditch. This was how we watered our trees. So lots of changes happened and not to our liking. Despite trying to keep the trees alive we could not and we first lost the willows, then the locust. If you drive by the place you will see our house is more exposed and everything looks bare. We still have many more locust to take down.

Can you help me? Do you have any suggestions for fast-growing, beautiful trees?

I want my Garden of Eden back so please send your suggestions for paint colors, trees and flowers, etc. I have lots of hands around here to make it all possible.

Mimi's Thought for the Day: When we look into a mirror, what do we see? We see a reflection of oneself...we see the face, the hair and all we have done to make it look clean, neat and tidy. Did you know that your bedroom, your home, your yard are also a reflection of you? Are they clean, neat and tidy?

3 comments:

  1. Yellow! My vote is for a yellow house. :) I have told Brent numerous times that someday I think we should own a yellow home. He says, "With a red door?" So, my vote is for yellow with red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds excellent Carolyn. I appreciate your response more than you know. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yellow as well! I love it with red or blue doors and shutters. Ours is white with blue shutters, but I do love yellow! I would definitely get a sample vial of the color(s) and try them out before getting stuck with a color that may not be just right. I was amazed when we painted our kitchen green at how different the colors looked in our lighting. Good luck! You'll have to learn how to post pictures so you can show us how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete