Tuesday, October 26, 2010

OH TO BE A DOGGIE!!!

SADIE AT REST...AT PLAY...AT WORK

I often wonder what it would be like to be a dog.  I have been observing Craig and Tina's dog Sadie.  She gets to sleep a lot.   She walks a little.  She LIKES the cats.  She misses her family when they are gone and she cries.  She enjoys the farm.  She misses her best friend Jake (Scott and Mindi's dog).  She is loved.  She knows she has a great life...surrounded by wide-open spaces, fresh air, rabbits and birds, children.  She is very happy.  Why look at that picture!  The rest of the family...us humans...about 32 in number are having a party...but she just gets to lay around....sometimes sneaking a glance with one eye open or raising an ear to hear a little bit and then she is off to dreamland once again.

Oh, her life sounds so wonderful.  She does not have to pay bills, do laundry, run children here and there, cook meals, ironing, mopping, pulling weeds, shopping, wiping noses, clean windows, brush her teeth, canning, fixing leaky faucets......you get the picture.
I wish at times that I had Sadie's life.   Come to think of it I think I do...hmmm, never thought about it until now. Now that my children are on their own I can sleep any time I want...just like Sadie.  I can only walk a little...and wish my legs and feet were healthy so I could walk the beautiful fields and roads out here.
I like cats too!  I miss my family when they are not around.  They are the ones who keep me laughing...keep me in line.  When no one is around...I get lonely and I cry.
I enjoy the beauty of the farm and the crops and it has been a great place for our children and grandchildren.  I too know I am loved. The air out here on the farm is so fresh...I love the gentle breezes and the sounds of my chimes "singing" all day long.  On a clear day I can see the mountains off to the west and even Mt. Rainer.
Wow...I have a great life too...just like Sadie.  Perhaps I need to do as she does...open my eyes and look around more and see the blessings I have and  also open my ears and hear the sounds of nature, of contented, happy children, of farm equipment moving out to the fields to harvest the abundant hay and corn crops.
I don't need to be a doggie to have what Sadie has.  I just need to look around me....it is already in my life.  Another thing too....I know my food tastes better than hers!!!

MIMI'S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  At times we think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence so we want to go there, be there, etc.   When we are there, we look back at where we had been and see that the side of the fence we were FIRST on is now the greenest.  The secret of happiness and peace and contentment in life is "bloom where you are planted"...that is where God placed you.   Happiness comes from within.  When we start comparing our lives with what someone else has, then we lose focus on what really matters, what really lasts and what really counts.  REALLY!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Sorry, I logged in as Nicole and reposted...
    LOVE IT!!! No matter how complicated and uncomfortable life gets at times...I would still pick "my life" and I know you would do the same. A loving Heavenly Father handpicks our trials to strengthen our individual weeknesses. I have learned so much without Paul at my side. I would NEVER in a THOUSAND years have picked that trial but it has strengthened me. I feel like I have a short time to prepare for a reunion. It is one that will never be separated again. So like you, my dear friend Deanna, I will make the BEST of TODAY and live for another tomorrow!!! Have a Great Day!!! I also love dogs! I love their loyalty and trust!

    ReplyDelete