November 1983
First came Brad, then Bruce, then Craig and then Mark. People asked me if I was disappointed when each child was born and the doctor announced, "it's a boy". Are you kidding! Who could be disappointed over having healthy, great children. But one day to my surprise the doctor said right after delivery, "it's a girl!" I said "I don't believe it!" He held her up in the air so I could see that she was a girl. I truly thought I was going to have my 5th son and that would have been wonderful, but a girl...I was shocked.
I remember going down the road one day, very pregnant behind the wheel of our large station wagon, and I said to God, "Could I have a little girl some day. It doesn't have to be this time, but just some time could I have just one? I won't ever ask you for another girl."
Little did I know that Julie was in my womb at that time. My goodness, after four boys I did not know how to treat a baby girl, but I sure had fun learning how. I know she did not have much hair and I wanted everyone to know that I had a girl, so I would make tiny little satin bows for her hair and attach them with a dab of honey. Today she has beautiful thick hair...must have been the honey. I loved making dresses for her and fixing her hair. She was so beautiful and had dainty little facial features and long fingers and legs. I knew she would be tall and elegant one day.
Julie was all girl. Loved to change her clothes as a toddler...several times a day. The boys never did that. They liked their little jeans or corduroy pants and a plain white t-shirt. They liked to get dirty. She liked to be clean. She loved her dollies, her little Easy Bake oven, she did all the "mommy" things.
Today Julie is one of the best mothers I know. She takes a keen interest in all aspects of her children's lives. She is at every game, see that they get to their practices, encourages them to work hard, gives them a good education and promotes excellence in their school work...all 3 children are straight A students. She makes sure they have very nutritious meals and the junk foods are limited. She has taught them to cook and bake. She takes them to church and teaches them correct principals. She makes sure they are praised, hugged and loved every day. She takes time to listen to her children, laugh with them and is reaping the fruits of her labors already. I have seen evidence how much her children love and adore her.
Julie...a personal note to you: I am very proud of you. The month of May I am dedicating to you. This is your birthday month, along with mother's day. You are a strong woman, a brave and courageous woman, one that is always mindful of your family. Not only that but you care about the poor, the sick, the sorrowful and have a deep and abiding compassion for everyone. I love you with all my heart.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FANTASTIC DAUGHTER JULIE
Yes friends and family who read this...God gave me one little girl, but He also gave me one of His elect daughters. As each year goes by, I appreciate her more and praise and thank my Heavenly Father for His gift. By the way, we did have another child after Julie...a boy named Scott. I am so blessed!
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

Oh, what a sweet statement of belief in her for Julie always to hold to. Happy Mother's Day to you Deanna.
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed Deanna!!! I love Julie too!!! All of your children are wonderful! You did good girl...real good!!! Love Ya...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
ReplyDeleteYou can be a proud mom because your efforts have paid off with a great family.
ReplyDelete