Friday, February 10, 2012

FRIDAYS ARE THE BEST

How can a person love a day of the week?  Oh, it is easy.  Each day of the week represents something to me that makes that day special, but Fridays are THEE best day of the work week.  I think it must come from all these years spent in school.  When Fridays rolled around I had more of a spring in my step throughout the day and knew when the final bell rung on each Friday afternoon that I was FREE to do what I wanted....like sleep in a little bit on Saturday mornings!

 When I got to be older and a momma of several children I looked forward to Fridays and actually gave it a name......WOMAN'S DAY!  I usually took my mother-in-law and sometimes father-in-law tagged along with me to town.  This went on for 19 years.  Once in awhile they did not go...but that was rare...and so I would go to lunch with a friend or window shop...you know the feeling I am sure.

Today I am usually at home 24/7, but when Fridays come I still feel the exhilarating feeling I had when I was in school and the also the feelings I got when I could take my in-laws to the doctor, church (she was Catholic and liked to go to Friday mass) and grocery shopping.   All that is in the past now, but one thing that is still constant.....I get to sleep in on Saturday mornings.

Come to think of it....I can sleep in any morning now.  Oh life is good! 

What is your favorite day of the week?   Why?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm. I like Fridays, too. I also like Mondays and Sundays. I was never a fan of Saturdays growing up (it was full-blown spring cleaning every week), but I like them now. When the boys were on their missions I liked Tuesday because that's when the e-mails came. I guess that leaves Wednesday and Thursday as my least favorites.

    ReplyDelete