Sunday, February 5, 2012

FUN WITH NAMES

I have been doing genealogy for decades and between Ned and I we have some pretty funny sounding names.   I decided to tell you a little story about some of them:

Once upon a time there was a COOK who sometimes put BLOOD in his recipes.  He was quite the BREWER as he would look in a COFFIN for what he needed. Sometimes he would not find the WRIGHT color and so he would use BROWN.  He would CRAM it into the recipes and hope that no PITTS would be found.  When he was DUNN  which was none too EARLEY, he would share it with many HOLMES in the area and even sent some to the POPE and quaranteed that it was the real MCCOY. 

The End

Okay...I know...I think I must be desperate in writing on my blog.  Just as a challenge why don't YOU try this in Family Home Evening. Make up a story about some of your surnames.  It will get your family laughing and learning at the same time.  Make it fun.  Prize for the most original; for the funniest; for the most clever, etc.  Just have fun.

1 comment: