Thursday, February 18, 2010

YOUR HANDS

While doing some genealogy research last night I came across a quote that had profound effect on me. I want to share it with you.

"If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people." quote by: Thich Nhat Hanh


Will I ever look at my hands the same again? No, not in the same way, but I will have a deeper more abiding respect and love for those who came before me. I will feel their presence in my research, urging me on to keep at it and also feel them with me at the Temple. They are me and I am them

Mimi's Thought for the Day: May our hands reach out daily to those who need us...on this side and the side unseen but felt and ever so near to us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Deanna that is sooooo TRUE!!! We have such an obligaion to do their work and continue to be an example to those who are living. You do a great job in both of these areas...YOU DO DEAR FRIEND!!! Love Ya!!! :)

    ReplyDelete