I had to pinch myself as I watched four of my grandchildren graduate from middle school tonight. Four precious grandchildren at one time, from the same school, all graduating together. What a joy that was. Not only are all of them either straight A or Honor Roll students but they are the best of friends with one another. Of course they have been watched over from the very beginning and we made plenty of opportunities for them to play together and be together. Their talents range from sports (soccer, basketball, long distance running, baseball/softball) to piano, to just being very nice young people. I love watching them interact with one another and the laughter and giggling and lit up faces tell it all...they truly like and love one another.
I am grateful for their parents too, for the example they have been. They have emphasized learning and they take a direct interest in what and how their child is doing in school and in the community.
I cannot believe how fast the time has gone since the beginning of their existence upon the earth. I held each one shortly after they were born..one in January, another in April, and TWO in November and all in the same year!! I saw them go from crawling to walking the same path of our Savior...meaning they are making good and smart choices.
Okay...this grandma..I am Mimi to them...could go on and on with their attributes, as I am so proud of them. Not only do I feel happiness for their scholastic abilities but for their kindness of heart, of their love, of their caring about others. They support one another. They help one another. They care and love one another.
I feel very honored and very blessed to have the privilege of being their grandmother. My cup runneth over with mercy and goodness. Thank you Heidi, Marquel, Megan and Josh. I better stop now and go sew my popped off blouse buttons back on!!
I promise you that I will post a picture soon of these four graduates. Please forgive me for my pride...it just cannot be helped.
Mimi's Thought for the Day: Being a parent is a wonderful gift from God. Helping that child to return to God is your gift to Him. Children do not want material things as much as they want parents who will listen, talk, hug, praise, play and pray with them. Have fun...the time goes as fast as a blink of an eye.
WOW...THAT IS PRETTY INCREDIBLE! How did you plan that? Mine have come in threes but four is pretty special. They are lucky to have you as a Grandma...there just isn't anything better. Nicole is the same age but she stays in middle school for 9th grade. What a wonderful age that is! I love spending time with her. We laugh and carry on like a couple of kids. We might be getting older on the outside but our internal clocks are holding at 14!!! Love Ya...Have a WONDERFUL day!!!
ReplyDeleteHow blessed you are to have them close and for them to grow up together. I think that sounds like heaven!
ReplyDelete