Who would have ever thought that I would write a "post" about the tongue?
Just a short post too...can you believe that?
A tongue is a thing of beauty. No? A tongue is a thing of ugliness. Yes?
The tongue that I am talking about is the one in your mouth. It is the thing in there that helps you to TALK!!!
Yeah, that little wiggly thing is your mouth is your tongue. Since it is yours, it is up to you to take care of it. I am not talking about brushing it when you brush your teeth...although that is a good and healthy thing to do. I am talking about TAKE CARE OF YOUR TONGUE IN WHAT IT SAYS!!
Three short comments:
1. There was a king who sent his servant out into the world to bring back to him the most beautiful thing in the world. The servant returned with a tongue. The king then sent his servant out into the world to bring back the ugliest thing in the world. The servant brought back a tongue. Moral: your tongue can say the most beautiful words or the ugliest words. It is up to you.
2. Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
3. "It is simply not for us to judge each other. The Lord has reserved that right for Himself, because only He knows our hearts and understands the varying circumstances and complexities of our lives." Source: "Saying It Like It Is" by Sheri Dew
One of my aunts scolded me one day for not thinking before I said something. I have always been a "quick" responder. I can still hear her words as plain as if she said them to me a few minutes ago. "Deanna, you need to think before you say something!" Like I said, I am quick with my tongue...but that is because my brain is quick! So at times I am guilty of saying the wrong thing.
But I will never be guilty of using my tongue to hurt people, gossip or use it for my own gain. I think that gossip is one of the ugly things of the kingdom.
I want my tongue to be beautiful in its words and may it always convey the beautiful things that I hold in my heart and mind. I don't ever want to be known in our kingdom of having one of the ugliest tongues. But may my tongue give love, compassion, kindness to all I come in contact with in my life.
MIMI'S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Gossip is a horrible destroyer of lives. To be a "spreader" of gossip is a sin. To be a "listener" of gossip is not good for your spirit. Do you remember your mother saying, "hold your tongue!" Only good thoughts should grace your heart and mind and thus what comes out from your mouth will be words of kindness and love. For those of you who may think that I am upset since I am writing about this subject...yes, in the past we have been abused through the tongues of others....but I have not written for that reason. I was inspired to write this...and I am doing so, but do not know why at this time.
I Do Now
1 week ago
Wonderful topic...we all need to remember how fast we can change a heart with words...both for bad or good! One of my favorite things about you Deanna is not only your kind heart but I love the sound of your voice...I miss the sound of your voice!! Have a great day, dear frend!!!
ReplyDelete