Thursday, July 22, 2010

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

When I saw this background for blogging, I immediately thought of a time when I was younger. I love clouds and this year we have had incredible shaped clouds in our valley. As a small girl I would lay on the lawn, look up at the beautiful floating clouds and I would try to see if anyone was standing on them. Then I would look for Jesus Christ. Lastly, I looked to see if the cloud was shaped like an elephant, a turtle, a bear, etc.

One year when I got a new journal I wrote on the very back page of it first. I listed some of my favorite things and some not so favored.

Here is what it says in my journal:

" I have felt impressed to write down some of my favorite things for the enjoyment of my grandchildren and great grandchildren. Maybe I like to plan ahead as I'm only 38 but I have learned to obey the still small voice. I think that by relating these likes and dislikes you may know me better.
1. I love white fluffy thick clouds that you can imagine looking like animals, people or objects.
2. I like lemon meringue pie
3. My favorite color is teal
4. I like "out-going" extroverted people who are friendly and fun.
5. Piano music--classical music relaxes me.
6. I adore babies
7. I enjoy walking in the rain.
8. I love eating a firm tomato right freshly picked...warmed by the sun.
9. I like a well organized home. Clutter makes me feel cluttered. Neat makes me feel calm.
10. I love autumn colors--especially the red and oranges, yellows on the trees.
11. I like people who keep their word and also who are prompt.
12. I do not like worms...am absolutely frightened of them. Mice and spiders don't bother me.
13. I do not like two-faced people, and those that swear and are liars.
14. I do not like spinach and liver
15. Celery is my favorite food.

Surprisingly after viewing this list for the first time in decades...I have not changed much except I am 71 now, still cannot stand liver. Spinach...it is great raw..eat it all the time. Celery....it is still my favorite food!! And now that I have grandchildren, I would have to list them on my list of favorite things and put them as NUMBER ONE!!!

What are a few of YOUR favorite things????

Mimi's Thought For The Day: We go through "change" often during our lives. We change clothes every day, we change friends, schools, teachers, our goals, our commitments, our testimonies, our feelings and on and on. I am sure you can think of a hundred or more other changes we make whether physical, spiritual or emotional. One belief we should all have and not change in any way is to remember who we are, where we came from, why we are here and where we are going. Great road map to get through all the changes of life that come our way.

2 comments:

  1. I love your list!!! So much in common! I am a cloud watcher to this day. I lay on the trampoline and look into the sky and think of the second coming. I long to see my Saviors face. I think of the reunion with Paul. I long to feel Paul's arms around me. I am amazed at how fast the days are passing. I am so thankful for good friends like you who remind me how lucky we are to be here and enjoy family and friends. Love You...dear friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! It makes me want to do a scrapbook page or post with the same title.

    We have had incredible clouds this year, haven't we? I wondered if I was just now paying attention or if they really were out of the ordinary. I think they have been unusual and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete