Sunday, September 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERISE

CHERISE (far left) WITH HER THREE SISTERS: MAREN, MARQUEL AND CHAYLA

Today is Cherise Danielle's birthday...she is affectionately called Cherisee-Pie. When you think of a pie you think of sweetness, solid, delicate, fulfilling, beautiful, and also a warm feeling to your heart.
Well our little "pie" has grown up to be all that and more!!! I think of Cherise more as a daughter than a granddaughter as I had the blessing of taking care of her from the time she was 2 months old to 2 years old as her mom had to work full-time and her dad went to college all day. Every morning she would come to my home, except on the weekends. I got so attached to her. When she and her momma and daddy (Jackie and Bruce) moved to Ellensburg for Bruce to finish his college education at Central Washington College, they took my heart with them. I will never forget our parting as they pulled out of the driveway. Cherise was in her child seat and she was slowly waving goodbye to me...I was in tears. For awhile I had to go over every week and get my "Cherise fix". Of course now they are back here and I have seen her grow up to be not only beautiful physically, but a charming, inspiring young woman.
Some of the things I love about Cherise are:
1. She is classy
2. She is friendly and kind to me
3. She will do anything to help me.
4. She is compassionate and caring for everyone
5. She is a very hard worker
6. She is dependable
7. She is ambitious
8. She has a fun and happy personality
9. She can be relied on.....keeps her word.
10. She is neat, tidy and shows it in her home and the way she takes care of herself.

These are just a few things about Cherise. She is amazing!! She cares for the very young to the very old. She is one to watch, to follow, to emulate in every way...as she follows the right and true path. Thank you Cherise for your love, your special, beautiful ways that make you unique and a joy in our lives.

HAVE A GREAT AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY. NO ONE DESERVES MORE THAN YOU!!

Mimi's Thought for the Day: In caring for Cherise those two years...it changed me. I don't know what influence I had on her life, but she influenced mine. She made me more aware of TIME. There is a time for everything...only we can decide how we use it...how we fill it...with nonsense or with good sense. Those two years were full of memories for me...just as if it were yesterday...I am glad I filled it with loving a little baby girl, holding, singing, playing with her. Yes as an act of service if you want...but truly for me..the "time" has been imprinted on my mind as an act of nurturing and loving. My time was not wasted. We all need to take stock of what we do with our "TIME"....as it is gone, even as I write this I can hear the clock ticking away...tick..tick...tick.........

No comments:

Post a Comment