BACK ROW: BRUCE, JACKIE AND CHAYLA
FRONT ROW: CHERISE, MARQUEL AND MAREN
He came early to this earth...just four days early. He was due on my grandfather Daniel Joseph's 83rd birthday. I always knew that Bruce was going to have the middle name of Daniel...not only after my grandfather, but my father and my brother. Bruce wamted to carry on the tradition so he named his first daughter Cherise Danielle. Cherise one day will carry on the name to her prosterity.
To know Bruce is to love him. He is witty, a tease and has a very compassionate heart. He loves life..which includes five women for him to care for. Not a dull moment at his home. There is always laughter, the giggling and the sounds of hair dryers, etc. He is the perfect man to have been blessed with four girls. He also was blessed with a terrific wife...Jackie. They make a good team. They recently celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary.
Bruce was always a happy baby...people called him Smiley. Despite some allergy problems of his body he never complained. He never asked "why me?". He just took it in stride. We were concerned about him going on a mission as his allergies were not fun. But he never hesitated..but went. The first time in 19 years he was free of any allergies. His whole mission was fantastic. When he came back home after his mission was over, he started in with his allergies again, but not quite as bad as his first 19 years of life.
What amazes me about Bruce is his uncanny ability to keep on going no matter what may come his way. He is one of the most faithful, non-complaining people I have ever known when it comes to health issues. I marvel on his ability to lift other people and make them feel better.
Bruce is a teddy bear. He has a tender heart and is very compassionate. I am so blessed to have him for my son. I remember when he was young that he would come into the house crying. I would ask him what was wrong and he would say: "I hit (named one of his 4 brothers)". He felt badly about what he had done. The one who received the hit never came to the house...just Bruce. He knew he was wrong...but he also knew he had hurt someone he loved.
Bruce is an excellent cook...he cooks a great turkey or beef or anything yummy, and he also is a master gardener. He outshines me, so I reap the blessings of his hard work. I am proud of my son who can make anything grow. Bruce loves to tease...always has and always will. He gets this smirk on his face...he never could keep a straight face...so he never can get away with anything. You would like my teddy bear son. Very loving, very kind...hasn't changed a bit from the day he came to live with us so long ago.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BRUCE....ONE OF THE GREATEST SONS EVER!!!!
It's fun to get to know your kids Deanna. I love your grandkids.
ReplyDeleteBruce has that infectious Hirz smile!!! He and his beautiful wife have done an excellent job with your grandchildren. Nothing is better than that! Love Ya..Deanna...Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDelete