
HE CAME...HE CONQUERED....HE GAVE...HE LIVES!
Am I ready for the day we celebrate with family, friends, having food, games, laughter and best of all love? NO !
I am thinking: I have this to do and that to do and I can feel the stress, the knot in the stomach, the anxiety...the ....oh, something is wrong with this picture. This needs to be a time of joy...not stress. This needs to be a time of relaxing and watching the snow fall and the Christmas music playing in the background and nothing but a huge smile of contentment on my face. Then something sweet happens. Forget the last minute shoppers and the crowds and the hustle and bustle. Forget about not having Christmas cards sent out or the candy made or the presents wrapped. So much focus is on us but not HIM !!!!!
If you are like me, then I hope you will take a deep breath, read the following words that I found today in a message from my daughter Kelly and now you may too relax, smile and get ready for the real meaning of CHRISTmas.
" The greatest man in history, is named Jesus Christ. He had no servants, yet He is called Master. He had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. He had no medicines, and they called Him Healer. He commanded no army, but the kings feared Him. He won not a single military battle, and He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, but He lives today."
Remember always that He is the reason for the season and as my cousin Paule said, "Jesus is the reason for......EVERYTHING!!!" How right she is. It is not Santa Claus or Frosty the Snowman, but is a man who is our Brother, our Savior, our Redeemer. May you and I hold in our hearts these thoughts...I think we will feel more peace, more contentment, more happiness as we get ready for the day our world celebrates His birth...His mission....His love.
I am thankful for the babe who laid in the manger, who came to earth through a miraculous way , who listened to His Father in heaven and thus continued His journey upon the earth...who showed us the path to travel and then He said, "it is finished" and He ...that precious babe who became the Savior of the World...gave HIS gift to us. May we do likewise in OUR gifts to Him and in turn be helping all of God's children. He taught us to love one another as He loved us.
With much love to you my friends and my family,
Mom/Mimi/Deanna
No comments:
Post a Comment