Tuesday, September 6, 2011

SCHOOL DAYS

Here it is that time of year again when the yellow buses are out, the stores are filled with pencils, paper, notebooks, etc. Mothers are trying to get their children to bed earlier than she did in the summer vacation months. Football and soccer have started; Molahiettes are practicing their hearts out; Seminary is going strong; locker combinations are being memorized, new friendships made. I could go on and on. School days....dear old school days.

I sit back in my easy chair and remember my days at school. Smiles cross my face and then I say to myself, "I sure miss those days." All of a sudden another thought crosses my mind: "I am still IN school."

I was sent here to earth for various reasons and one of them was to get an education that would benefit my future. I compared my "school supplies" for my earthly school to the school supplies that are plentiful in the stores.

Yes, I have my pencils so I can write down what I need to be doing each day. I have my "eraser" to get rid of the errors I commit. I have my "ruler" so I can follow the straight and narrow path. I have the best of reading materials to pass my classes....my Holy Bible and my Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. I have everything I need according to my inventory.

But wait a moment....do I have dedication and commitment, have I set some goals and have a desire to do my best? Yes, I do!!!!

Bye for now, I have to go study and apply what I have learned so I can help others. I sure want to graduate one day with my head held high and yet have a humble heart as I hear Him say: Well done thou good and faithful servant.

1 comment: