Saturday, September 26, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY?

Here it is after 3:00 in the morning. Lots on my mind as I think about the "moments" that are happening daily around here. When bad news hits your heart, how do you react? Sick to your stomach, a jab in the heart, tears, feel crushed? When good news comes your way, how do you react? Joy, tears, laughter, smiles. It certainly is much easier to experience with the latter...we feel so grateful for the good times. But in every life there are cloudy skies that can come once in a while or for some, every day.

Why do we have to be hurt, get hurt or hear hurtful things? Why does life have to be so tough at times and with our family it seems constant.

I have heard the phrases, "Oh God is just testing you" or "He wants to see what you are made of".

Well my belief is that God is not testing me...he lets things happen. He could stop it if He wanted to, but where would I learn? I also believe that God knows me better than I know myself and I need to find out what I am made of. He already knows me. I need to know me.

Sure it is not fun to go through life traveling over many bumpy roads while you see your neighbors and friends just going smoothly along........or are they? Have they learned to lift their heads high and look up to God? Have their learned to bow their heads and get on their calloused knees and praise Him for the good, the bad and the ugly we go through at times? I have many friends who are just this way. They never blame God. They never turn from Him. They just keep on keeping on.

I know we have a Father in Heaven who loves us. He will always be with us especially through our darkest times. It is hard to see your children and grandchildren go over the bumpy road, but there is a promise that one day all will be smooth and well and no more jabs of the heart or knots in the stomach and tears of sorrow and burdens on the back that we carry.

I think of an electrical storm where the lightning and thunder are all around...it can be very frightening. Suddenly you hear nothing. It is quiet, peaceful and calm. Life is like that. Trials come and they go. Some with just a few bolts of lightning and other times it is violently producing the terrifying light and noise of its power. A person wonders how they are going to get through it. Then comes that sweet quietness, that feeling that all will be well. Just trust God and believe in His power.

I have much to learn in this life and my schooling is about over according to my age. I just hope and pray that I can weather any stormy clouds that come my way and that the rainbows will give me a promise of a better tomorrow.

Mimi's Thought for the Day: Look up! He sees you, knows you and wants to hold you. Look down! Get on your knees, then lower your head . He is listening. Let go....let God!

No comments:

Post a Comment