I received an unwanted phone call around noon today. A sweetheart of a friend left this earth to go home. Right now I am numb, hurting and shocked. I want to try to capture the essence of Kathy...which I already know is going to be impossible.
We first got acquainted by me being assigned as her visiting teacher along with another wonderful woman, my companion, Grace.
We loved going to Kathleen/Kathy. Her home was new...she had moved here from Utah I believe to be near her two sons and their wives. Her home was absolutely immaculate. It always was. Wish I could say the same thing about mine. Good ole farm dirt.
How she loved life...especially her family and the church. Her sons were so good to her and saw to her needs day and night. They were always there for her. She had numerous hobbies and did them all so well. Excellence was a quality of hers.
I loved her laugh. I loved her sense of humor and last but not least I loved how she talked about the gospel and her Savior Jesus Christ.
She had been ill...some type of surgery that later caused her an internal infection. She went back into surgery after a couple of months of trying to get over the infection. Her second surgery was about 8-9 days ago and they had her in ICU. I did not go and see her because of some heart tests that made me mildly radioactive and I did not want to cause any problems for her.
I will miss this most pleasant beautiful daughter of God. My visiting teaching just won't be the same without her. I am most happy for her but there is a big void left in my life and the lives of her children and grandchildren. I have been honored to associate with such an angel.
Mimi's Thought for the Day--Cherish each moment and person from sunrise to sunset. Give out plenty of hugs and praises and smiles and laughter. Tomorrow is another day.
I Do Now
1 week ago
I am sorry. I wish you lived closer and I could give you a "feel better" hug. Consider this a long distance hug. I know you have struggled with health issues lately. It is hard to have a spirit that leaps and a body that doesn't cooperate. You and I have had some pretty amazing times. I am so thankful for the gospel and the promise of eternal life. I hope we live on the same street!!! :)
ReplyDelete