Are these thoughts and feelings expressed by you:
Pray that all arrive HOME safely.
It is time for them to be HOME
Family HOME Evening
I just want to go HOME
I can hardly wait to get back HOME
Sure hope my mom is HOME
Bless our HOME
I could go on and on with this beautiful word of HOME. What comes into your heart as you say this word? I get warm fuzzy feelings. I get weepy, happy, excited, peaceful, etc. So many feelings.
My son Brad and I have been trying to determine the colors of paint for our HOME. What an ordeal that is. No I don't want the common beige/tan color that I see all over Moses Lake. Do I think my house cares? Of course it does. It is a living thing. You can hear laughter, talking, all kinds of noises coming from our HOME. It wants to look as happy on the outside as it is in the inside.
My HOME has an empty nest but every day there is some member of that nest or their own nests who walk through the doors with a "Hi Mom or Hi Mimi" , just like the days of yesterday. This HOME is full of memories. What do I feel when I think of HOME. I first feel safe. I feel love swelling in my heart. I feel peace and contentment. I have tried to make it a place where my family knows they are welcome any time. I want them to feel what I feel. Of course we have had some hard times, but it is the HOME that has brought us back and kept us strong and committed. Our HOME is a reflection of us. The HOME is more than wood, glass, materials. It is a place of our refuge. It is a holy place. It is where we prepared our children for life...the good and the bad...and is our little bit of heaven on earth.
My son Mark was recently released from the hospital....his flu turned into pneumonia. In talking with him briefly he said that he was going to get to go HOME. I said, "It would have been nice if the doctors would have kept you another day." He replied, "I just want to go HOME. I want to be in my own bed, be around my own things." I knew what he was saying...his place of peace, rest and comfort was where he wants to be. I am sure his "HOME" will be smiling when he arrives there.
HOME...our comfort zone, our place where we can take shelter from the world, a place we can be when the storms of life toss us to and fro. A place of refuge, beauty, love.
Oh yes, when you see our newly painted home, I think you will be able to see it looks like a "HAPPY FACE"....it will be reflecting the lives of those who dwell or visit there. Right now I am content, but one day I will want to go HOME...to the HOME I first knew...the HOME where my Father in Heaven, my dear loving brother and Savior Jesus Christ and also all those in my family who came and left before I did. I will be like Mark and others who say, "I can hardly wait to get HOME".
____________________
MIMI'S Thought for the Day: Let your HOME, inside and out, be a reflection of those that dwell there. Make it a place of beauty, peace and joy. Make it smile.
Deanna/Mimi
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago
I love going HOME to Moses Lake! I can't wait to have a home of my very own someday. And someday it will come. But, for now, HOME is where I am with my sweetie. Be it in this apartment or another one. When we are together, I am HOME. I love your thought for the day, Mimi. It's a good one! Love you.
ReplyDelete