Thursday, September 17, 2009

WHAT KIND OF FRIEND AM I?

My mind can be a million miles "away" and all of a sudden a key word pops into my head. It did it twice on Wednesday. First word was in the afternoon and it was "Eagle Scout". I immediately got excited and was wondering how my grandson Josh is doing on his merit badges. The other grandsons are not old enough to participate in this endeavor. Of course I had to call and find out..so great to know he is making it a part of his life.
In the evening another word came into my mind and that word was "Friends". I only could close my eyes and put my head back in a resting position and then a smile filled my face.
Friends. Dear sweet wonderful friends. They are the wind beneath my wings...that is for sure. I love it when I get a surprise visit, phone call, card or an email out of the blue from these fantastic friends. They bring love, send love, speak love and all of a sudden I feel very loved. The stress is lifted, the dark skies are replaced by sunshine, the head lifts a little higher and a frowning face is now a smiling one. I am so thankful they took time out of their lives to lift me, inspire me and showered me with praises.
But now I am thinking....what kind of friend am I? Do I take the time to send a "thinking of you" card or get well soon card, etc. Do I take the time to call them on the phone and just say "hi"? Do I go and see them? Friendship is like marriage. To bond, grow and sustain it has to be fed by both parties.
I have one friend who always surprises me with coming unannounced. I love it. It isn't planned on her part. She just lives close to the spirit and when she feels the prompting to stop and see how I am doing, she is right on. We hug. We talk. We giggle. I am alive again. I have two other friends who send me beautiful greeting cards with words of love and wisdom.
Today I am going to start being a better friend. I have been so wrapped up in my health problems that I have just put aside the needs of my friends.
YOU may be one of those I call or send off a card to. Listen for the phone and watch your mailbox....I am full of love for my friends and they are going to know it.

Mimi's Thought for the Day: Scatter sunshine today from your house to the houses where your friends or neighbors live. The light will be so bright that it will lift the darkness that dwells in some of the hearts. Even you will be lifted. Listen to the Holy Spirit and you will know who and where and when you are needed. Have fun.

Mimi (Deanna)

1 comment:

  1. I love having you for a friend...you always lift me and make me want to do better and be better...I love you Deanna!!!

    ReplyDelete