This morning I woke up early and came into my computer room. My thoughts immediately were that of the "little" ( lol....some of them are taller than I) people in my life. I am no different than any other grandmother who thinks their grandchildren are the best in the world. Except one thing....I KNOW my grandchildren are the best.
I am going to list just a few of the things that they do that bring warm fuzzie feelings into my heart:
1. They love me and show it.
2. They are excited to see me even though we see each other several times a week.
3. They are happy children and are loved deeply by their parents.
4. They have good manners and always say thank you, please. Why they even ask if they can have a drink of water!
5. They rub my feet with lotion and put me in "heaven".
6. They want to help me around the house...dusting, vacuuming, pulling weeds, etc.
7. They want to help me up or down the stairs or ask if there is anything they can get me.
8. They are most appreciative of anything.
9. They laugh a lot and I love to hear their giggling.
10. They all are excellent students and excel in their work.
11. They love Jesus Christ and the Gospel.
12. They are not only handsome/beautiful on the outside but they have hearts and minds that give them that beauty of spirit.
13. They make me look good...they bring out the best in me. They are my strength, my joy, and my life.
I have given you just a "baker's dozen" of reasons I love my grandchildren. I could give hundreds of more reasons. Suffice it to say that this grandmother...Mimi to them...is so grateful to God for blessing me with treasures of gold...for their worth is great.
Thank you Brent and Carolyn, Heather, Hilary, Cherise, Chayla, Maren, Marquel, Megan, Matthew, Ryan, Ashley, Amber, Heidi, Derek, Makenna, Joshua, Landon and Kyle....thank you for all you have done to make my life fulfilled...I am the happiest when I feel your sweet arms around me....I am complete.
Mimi's Thought for the Day: What you give to others will be given back a hundred times more...grandchildren are the proof of that. In other words...you reap what you sow....
Take time to love, to give, to share and to be.....it will come back to you.
I Do Now
1 week ago
I know you are a wonderful Mother and Grandmother. I hear your sweet voice in a distance. I actually wish Carolyn was part of my family. I loved teaching and learning from her while in 5th Ward. You are blessed and in turn you are a BLESSING!!! TO ALL OF US !!!Love ya...Sharon
ReplyDeleteI really thought I commented on this post...I guess it didn't post? I said that I'm glad that you mentioned me in this post as a grandkid. It made me really happy! I love you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks Sister McConkie! Well, Sister Sanderson!! :) I loved, LOVED learning from you too!