We celebrated Maren's birthday Sunday even though her birthday was a while back. She turned 16 so her parents gave her a "Sweet Sixteen" family birthday party. They even had all of the Hirz clan there for a fantastic dinner. The atmosphere was great too. Lots of laughter and fun.
I wish all of you knew Maren like I do or at least I thought I did. We had to write down the answers to several questions and of course I thought I would do very well. Hmmm, I was in for a surprise. One of the questions was, "what is the lowest grade Maren has ever received?" I put down a "B". I knew she was a good student. Well her lowest grade ever was an "A-". I gulped. She is a sophomore this year and is pulling straight A's again.
Maren is a remarkable young woman. She is the kind of girl that everyone would love to have for a daughter; every young woman would like to have her for a best friend; every teacher would like to have her in their class and I, her grandmother, am indeed blessed as I have this angel for not only my granddaughter but for a friend, helper, teacher, comic and she puts me at ease with her natural goodness.
I love Maren because she stands for all that is good in a daughter of God. She does not compromise her standards. I love her for her genuine caring about others, especially about her parents, sisters and me. Feels so good to know you are loved...she does that for me. If I need help with carrying in my car full of groceries...she will drop everything and help me. If I need my floors mopped, vacuumed, etc., she will do it and more without hesitation. She refuses any money for doing it.
There is something special about Maren that gives me the nice kind of "goosebumps." When she was a very little baby laying in her little carrier she talked to me. No joke. She must have been about 6 weeks old...I wish I could remember her age, but she was tiny. Her eyes locked right on mine and she said as plain as day, "Hi". My son-in-law sitting next to me said, "I heard it..I'm a witness." About two weeks to a month later, again she locked her eyes on me. These eyes had the look of intelligence but were not a baby's eyes. She said, "Bye." She never spoke again until it was time to start talking. This is an incredible experience that I will never forget. I believe that the "veil" had not been drawn and Maren's spirit was speaking to me. I am glad I had witnesses as I am sure no one would have believed me. Yes, there is something unique about this choice daughter of our Heavenly Father. It is a joy to sit back and watch her grow and mature and be a positive influence on her friends and cousins and all of us.
I love Maren because she is good. She is good at anything she puts her hand to. Her mother never has to tell her to clean, cook, etc. Maren just gets in and takes care of things that she sees needs to be done. She is good at being kind. She is good about showing love to all. We need more Maren's in this world. Believe me...it would be a perfect world.
I love you Maren....you are my angel...you bless me in so many ways. You make my heart swell, my smile larger, my eyes glowing....you bring out the best in me. Hugs.
Mimi's Thought For The Day: Tell me who you walk with and I will tell you who you are.
author: Old Spanish saying
I Do Now
1 week ago
Now we know...Grandchildren are a gift from God...to help us remember how precious life is and to SMILE! Maren is a light in a world needing the switch turned back on! Love you Deanna...you are a light in my world!
ReplyDeleteplease dont let her drive
ReplyDelete