Friday, October 16, 2009

I LOVE BEING SURPRISED...sometimes!

I love being surprised.....especially when my house is in order, I am dressed and my makeup and hair are perfect. But that does not happen when you want it to. Seems like I am always "caught" ....but that is another story.
Recently my twin granddaughters Amber and Ashley came from Utah to surprise their parents and brother and sister and of course the rest of us. I loved seeing them again and the surprise of them coming. Their family was very surprised also. That was fun for the girls. They are attending college in Utah and loving it. It has been fun to watch Amber and Ashley grow up. Everyone thought they were like two little monkeys as 2 years old. They had no fear and showed it as they would climb on top of the dining room table or the counter tops and try to get into cupboards or they would jump from bed to bed or off of a high spot.
This agility of theirs proved to be a blessing as they became very proficient in dance, basketball, softball and other endeavors. They have been "fun" since the day they were born. They are so beautiful! They have great personalities. They are just wonderful to be around.
Ashley and Amber have as their middle names, the middle names of their maternal and paternal grandmothers. I feel honored. I have enjoyed these girls and love how they have such an enthusiasm for life. They are good girls who walk the walk of Christ and who are tender-hearted, compassionate and love to give of their special spirit to others. They are both excellent students who strive to do their best and be their best.
I enjoyed having them surprise me a few days ago...even if I was in my robe, hair messy, housework undone....I got to sit and just enjoy looking and talking with them. The hair, clothes and house can always be done later. They were the priority that morning.
Now if someone outside of the family should come as a surprise, I would probably faint!!!! Or run!!!!!!! Or not answer the door!!!!! So sometimes I don't like being surprised by unexpected guests...but only sometimes.

Mimi's Thought For The Day: If Christ came knocking at your door, would you let Him in? Would you be prepared/unprepared for His coming?

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE Amber and Ashley. They are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Stacy surprised me for my B-day yesterday and showed up from BYU-Idaho with here two little girls. I LOVE SURPRISES!!!

    ReplyDelete