Friday, January 20, 2012

FREEDOM TO........

Last night as I said my prayers it really hit me hard: "I have so much!!!"

I won't go into detail, but one thing that struck me is that I have the freedom to be me.  I don't have anyone saying: you need to get dressed and not be in your pajamas all day
                         you shouldn't eat soup for breakfast
                         you shouldn't stay up until 3:00 in the morning
                         you need to keep your eyebrows plucked...what will people think!

I could go on and on.  Isn't it wonderful that you can do as you please and make choices for yourself and enjoy them without fear that the police will arrest you or that people's tongues will wag?

I love being me.   I can open the bedroom window wide open when it is 10 degrees outside and I snuggle down in my cozy warm bed and smile.  Now that was a freedom I never used to have until almost two years ago (in June).  I left the bed my husband and I shared for 50 years.  The doctor said I was not getting my sleep and I had to sleep in another room.  Hubby has sleep apena and I always woke up easily when I sensed that he was not breathing.  Believe me it was hard to leave him...what if he should die without me there to shake him into breathing again?  The doctor said that I needed to think of me or it would be I that would die because of only getting 3-4 hours sleep.    The open window?  Well now I have the freedom to do that in my own bedroom.  The open window is something I was not allowed to do when I shared a bedroom with hubby...he did not like an open window. Now I can hear the rain, sense the snow, feel the  wind, hear the chimes, etc., my bedroom window is open and I LOVE IT! 

Silly me I know....but to me it is a freedom I never had before.

What freedoms do you cherish besides living in America, voting, traveling, etc.  Think of what YOU personally have as a "freedom" and share with me.  If you don't want to leave a comment, then email me at hisnhirz@scml.us

Have a super Friday and do something nice for YOURSELF today.

No comments:

Post a Comment