Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HAVE YOU HAD ANY "WONDERS" TODAY?

I am in awe of people, place, things and especially our Heavenly Father's little ones.  They touch my heart, make me smile and forget my worries.

Ever had a little one come up and wrap their arms around your neck and plant a big kiss on your cheek and then they lean back and look at you and they wear a smile from ear to ear.

They are a wonder!  They are wonderful! 

Have you noticed the unconditional love they have for you?

Have you noticed how they like to touch, feel and explore?    I shall never forget the time when we came home from church...this is when we had to go twice on Sundays.  Our youngest Scott was so excited as we drove up to our humble little cottage as all over the ground was snow!  This was the first time he had ever seen snow.  I gently let him out of the car and hung on to his little hand.  All of a sudden he let go of my hand and bent over and put both of his hands flat on top of the snow.  His reaction was an immediate cry of fear of the white fluffy snow.  I wiped his hands, soothed him and tried to explain how snow is cold but pretty.  He had experienced a new "wonder" in his life and the first time in touching it's beauty it was not a pleasant one. We did laugh at his reaction because we were expecting giggling not tears. 

I adore my grandchildren and all children.  I love their innocence, their trust, their believing ways.  Oh to be humble and pure as a little child.  They truly are a wonderful wonder!  I miss teaching in the Primary as I experienced seeing in action the "wonders" of little children.  They are enthusiastic about singing, about answering your questions, or making comments on what you are trying to teach or even more often than not they like to tell personal stories about their families!  Now that too is a wonder!!

Enjoy your Wednesday and may it be full of "wonders" of all kinds...albeit a child, a snowflake, a friend, a scripture, a song, a thought..........

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes. I agree. Children are a wonder.

    Another wonder I've thought about today is how one person can answer another person's prayer without being aware. I love that.

    ReplyDelete