I am one that enjoys posting a blog. Just wish I had a camera so I could do pictures EVERY time I post. This blog is therapeutic to me...it is like a journal of my thoughts and feelings.
Just one problem...I don't "do" my blog often. I decided to make a change and at the same time a challenge. I took this idea from a blogger friend of mine by the name of Jane Payne...don't you just love her name!! This woman is an exceptional woman. Am I jealous of her talents, her remarkable ways? NO! I have total admiration for her and anyone like her.
In honor of her ideas...I am stealing one. You will notice to the right of my post message is a list of the days of the week. Jane has a similar list...Monday through Sunday...we are only different in our descriptive words to go with each day. I love reading her blog and I look forward to what she has to say...it can be anything!! But trust me...it is a joy to read her blog whether it is about making bread with young women of our church or going to her sons military graduations or seeing pictures of her garden and all she reaps from that. I have learned much from her and today I am starting to use her idea of the blogging to the days of the week.
My first is today...Monday and I call it Monday Musings. I will put down some of my thoughts, meditations, feelings, etc.
I love life and have always loved Mondays. When I was growing up there was always a routine for Mondays. Do you remember the old-fashioned dish towels with the hand embroidery on them? One towel had a woman doing her wash. That was Mondays. On Tuesdays you ironed those "washings".
I reflect on the security I felt, the happiness of being a kid and all I had to worry about was sleeping, eating and playing.
Today certainly encompasses much more than that, but I still love to sleep, eat and play. I love getting back into the routine of Mondays...the washing, the folding of clothes, seeing the school buses buzz by, all nature coming alive with the sun up and the birds singing.
Ah, life is good. Mondays make me smile.
Thank you friend Jane your example of what a good blog is. Go read Jane's blog...The Neighbor's Blog. She has some great ideas and I am sure she will inspire you too.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago
Oh my goodness! What a surprise to read this post. Thank you Deanna. I can't wait to read your more regular postings.
ReplyDeleteI'm like you...I love Monday's, and for the same reasons, too. I like the routine, the start of a fresh week.
Again, thank you. I'm so glad you write. I always appreciate what you have to say.